LifeWorks Holistic Counselling Centre ( HCC ) licensed by DHA
can assist you with additional guidance and further exploration of underlying factors which make life particularly challenging in few areas.
With a team of experienced Clinical Psychologists and a Consultant Psychiatrist, HCC can respond to the individual needs of people experiencing mild, moderate and severe mental health issues. Some of the common problems encountered and addressed by the Holistic Counselling Centre team include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, psychoses and relationship difficulties.
What is counselling?
Counselling is a type of ‘talking therapy’ where people come to talk about their problems and life concerns in a safe confidential setting with a caring professional. Counselling can help people deal with a range of personal issues which they might be finding difficult to talk about or to deal with. Unlike friends or family members, professional counsellors do not have any personal biases towards the people who consult them or any judgments about the issues they bring to counselling. Counsellors allow people to explore their thoughts and feelings freely, and support them during difficult times. Counsellors guide people in times of stress and through the process of change. A counsellors role is not to tell people what to do or give advice. A counsellors role is to help people facilitate change in their lives, work out the causes of their problems and understand how their thinking can effect their feelings and behavior. A counsellor can help people to create action plans and develop coping strategies so they can deal with their issues or problems in a better way.
Request a Consultation
Contact us today to review your need and to discuss the ways we can help!
What is counselling useful for?
Individual counselling is useful for people who want to see a counseller by themselves to discuss their issues one-on-one. The issues people bring to counselling vary but may include,
- relationship issues
- anxiety and depression
- mental health concerns
- bereavement, loss and grief
- work related stress
- life changes
Couples counselling is useful for couples who want to discuss their relationship issues. The issues couple bring may include
- life changes
- intimacy issues
- family relationship issues
Family counselling is useful when families have communication issues and experience stressful events which impact negatively on the family as a whole. Family therapy allows each family member to have his or her say without being restricted by their age, status or role in the family.
Approaches to counselling There are many approaches to counselling. The different counselling methods are sometimes referred to as modalities. The type of counselling used will depend on the issues you want to discuss, your counsellor’s training and their preferred modality. Counsellors won’t necessarily use the same approach with all people because they recognize everyone is different and some approaches are more suitable for a person than others.
LifeWorks Core Values
Our values inform principles and represent an important way of expressing our general ethical commitment.
At LifeWorks we:
- Strive to increase personal effectiveness.
- Appreciate and value the variety of human experience and culture.
- Strive to act in accordance with the trust placed in us by our clients.
- Regard confidentiality as an obligation arising from the client’s trust.
- Respect the clients right to be self-governing within each training experience.
- Strive to foster a sense of self that is meaningful to the person(s) concerned.
- Value the need to enhance the quality of relationships between people.
- Value and encourage the on-going personal and professional development of each trainer at LifeWorks.
- Make a commitment to promoting each trainees well-being by acting in the best interests of the trainee based on our professional assessment.
The personal qualities LifeWorks trainers are strongly encouraged to aspire to include:
- Empathy: the ability to communicate understanding of another person’s experience from that person’s perspective
- Sincerity: a personal commitment to consistency between what is professed and what is done
- Integrity: commitment to being moral in dealings with others, personal straight forwardness, honesty and coherence.
- Resilience: the capacity to work with the trainees concerns without being personally diminished.
- Respect: showing appropriate esteem to others and their understanding of themselves.
- Humility: the ability to assess accurately and acknowledge one’s own strengths and weaknesses.
- Competence: the effective deployment of the skills and knowledge needed to do what is required.
- Fairness: the consistent application of appropriate criteria to inform decisions and actions.
- Wisdom: possession of sound judgment that informs practice.
- Courage: the capacity to act in spite of known fears, risks and uncertainty.
LifeWorks Holistic Counselling Centre has emerged from the core values, ethos and vision of LifeWorks Personal Development Training Centre, which has been supporting our community since 2008. LifeWorks has a well-known and proven record of attention to compassionate care through adherence to our core purpose of authenticity, consciousness and mindful awareness.
Our Aims and Objectives
LifeWorks Holistic Counselling Centre is based on the biopsychosocial model for the treatment of mental health, wellness and emotional needs by regarding a person as fundamentally interconnected in their biological, psychological and social dimensions. The purpose of the centre is to provide consistent and trusted support for psychiatric, psychological and supporting domains in both a community based and home based model. Our services are extended to Triage, Crisis Intervention, and Home Based Counselling in addition to exceptional Centre based services.