Tuesday 6th June 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Anxiety Support Group
Many people who suffer from an anxiety disorder feel that no one understands their dread and fear so usually they tend to withdraw and feel isolated. It can be helpful to meet with other people who understand what an anxiety disorder is like. Family and friends of people with this problem are also welcome to attend.
Request a Consultation
Contact us today to review your need and to discuss the ways we can help!
Anxiety Support Group facilitated by Dr Anna Grazia Lecca will allow you to:
- Express your feelings of unease, worry and fear in a confidential and non-judgmental setting;
- Help to realize that your lifestyle and the way you spend your time day to day can affect the way you feel;
- Understand that levels of anxiety often seem completely unpredictable and learn to identify what triggers them;
- Expand your supporting network with other people experiencing social anxiety, panic attacks obsessive compulsive disorders, and phobias.
Thursday 1st June 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Women Support Group
Women frequently feel isolated when experiencing hurdles in their relationships often connected to earlier trauma. Emotional or physical abuse may result in psychological trauma,
including anxiety, chronic depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
Women Support Group facilitated by Dr Anna Grazia Lecca will allow you to:
- Share your story impacting your life: broken relationships, trust issues, isolation, shame, self-worth, abuse or trauma, in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental setting;
- Think about your relationship patterns and your family troubles;
- Help to realize that you are capable of having a happy, healthy, whole relationship;
- Enhance your awareness of playing the rescuer, the martyr, the helper and the rejected;
- Expand your supporting network with other women experiencing similar hardships.
Thursday 25th May 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Parenting Support Group
Parent support groups are a great means for sharing practical aspects of parenting and getting emotional support to successfully deal with your children challenges and improve your relationships with them.
Parenting Support Group facilitated by Dr Anna Grazia Lecca will allow you to:
- Express your uncertainties regarding your parenting style in a confidential, understanding and non-judgmental setting;
- Share different child and behavioral outcomes among other parents:
- Explore new parenting strategies while addressing your underlying emotional issues;
- Enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to be the best parent you can be;
- Expand your supporting network with other parents of children;
- Reduce your stress and isolation.
Monday 22nd May 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Teens Support Group
Adolescence is an important life transition towards adult life.
Many teenagers may find these years particularly stressful. Avoidance of social situations, lack of enthusiasm, eating habits, sensitiveness to others opinions are very common in young people. Teens support groups can play an integral role in providing adolescents with the necessary tools and emotional support to successfully overcome their personal challenges.
Teen Support Group facilitated by Dr Anna Grazia Lecca will allow you to:
- Express your struggles in a safe, understanding and non-judgmental setting;
- Cope with your mood swings and situations better;
- Acquire consciousness about your body image and appearance;
- Improve self-esteem, confidence, self-awareness;
- Get valuable interpersonal insights and establish a connection with peers;
Wednesday 17th May 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Bereavement Support Group
Grieving individuals struggle to live with their loss while dealing with their recurrent feelings of anger, guilt, sadness, and fear. When these feelings are shared with those experiencing similar grief they start to accept their loss and live their life even hopefully.
Bereavement Support Group facilitated by Dr Anna Grazia Lecca will allow you to:
- Express your feelings about your loss in a safe, understanding, non-judgmental, and supportive environment;
- Understand and accept the spiral pattern that spins around between resilience and grief reactions;
- Learning many different ways to grieve that are all equally natural and acceptable;
- Learning new coping skills and relaxation techniques;
- Help bringing strength, confidence, and a new sense of purpose and value;
- Establish a connection with others to decrease the isolation that grief brings.
Please note that support groups do not fully resolve grief, particularly when they are time-limited.