Learning about Mindfulness is one of the most popular of the Personal Development classes running at LifeWorks.
Mindfulness is the cultivation of skills that reduce stress, develop greater focused attention and concentration, and increase our capacity to effectively manage life complexities.
The practice of Mindfulness is a transferable skill which can be applied to reduce stress and burnout in sport, work, study, and relationships. The unique aspect of this course is that it provides a life skill that can be immediately integrated into your daily life.
Mindfulness practice is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, panic, pain, depression, and obsessive thinking. Because of the experiential nature of the course these skills are learned over the period of four weeks.
Duration of Course
- Duration: 8 hours
- Target Audience: Adults and Teens
Here is some of the feedback from recent course participants:
- A very inspiring and eye opening experience
- The outcomes of this course were more than met for me!
- Very insightful – has helped me become more self aware.
- Extremely thought provoking
- Learning the techniques is amazing – very calming
- A great course with wonderful techniques to move me out of my head and back into my heart
- I was very pleased with the course – very beneficial to practice mindfulness together as a group
- I’m more aware of my feelings and how to handle them
- I feel I’m not getting irritated as easily as before
- I have found some peace, some tools and some friendships
- I’ve seen a huge improvement in my state of mind.
What is ‘mindfulness’ and how can it help you?
Imagine being able to practice awareness of your thoughts and feelings – to feel as though you have control instead of feeling anxious, fearful, worrying?
Becoming more aware of our thoughts, feelings and sensations may not sound like an obviously helpful thing to do, however learning to do this in a way that suspends judgment and self criticism can have surprising results.
Mindfulness can become our simple way of being – our conscious choice to stay aware in the present moment can mean the difference between being governed by anxiety and worry or experiencing calm centered awareness in our daily lives. Learning mindfulness is worth it!